Full English Breakfast or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

When I first moved to UK, a full dish of English breakfast seemed inedible. Don't get me wrong, I am not from a European country where they eat a pastry with a cup of coffee for breakfast, in Turkey, we have extensive breakfasts as well, but an English breakfast is a full-fledged meal, and a protein boost.

I have spent my first months in UK eating eggs benedicts when I go out for breakfast, trying to find places where they make them with bacon, instead of ham. But then I began to see these places that serve all day full English breakfast, and it hit me. They did not expect you to eat that huge plate at the moment you wake up, you were allowed to go with it all day long.

Then it became one of my favourite British dishes, there are not many as you might guess. The trick is that you shall not approach it as a morning snack, but instead as an half day event, and do not expect it to be followed by a lunch.

The goodness of an English breakfast depends on the quality of bacon, sausages and the black pudding. Usually no one fails in frying an egg, or cooking a couple of tomatoes. So make sure you find a place where they serve the kind you like. Beans are usually the Heinz brand and free range eggs is almost a norm in UK, so don't worry about them.

My favourite place for a full English breakfast is LangeLee's in Brighton. They also have omelettes, poached eggs and kinds of eggs benedict as well. They have great service and a small patio in the back. It is also convenient to reach from the train station, so you may enjoy a full English breakfast there, in the beginning of your daily trip to Brighton.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No Need to Eat in Your Hotel: 4 Great Breakfast Options in Prague

Greenwich Royal Observatory with a Guided Tour

Brighton, UK: Storms, Sun and Impromptu Picnics